Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Plain flour (maida) - 3tbsp
Cardamom (elaichi) - 1/4tsp
Ghee / - oil for deep frying
a few saffron strands (optional)
1. In a large pan, combine the sugar with water and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer over a slow flame till the syrup is 1 string consistency.
3. Remove any impurities which float on top of the syrup using a slotted spoon.
For the kala jamuns
1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, mix well and knead into a firm dough using water/milk.
3. Deep fry in ghee/oil over a medium flame till the jamuns are dark brown in colour.
4. Drain and immerse in the warm sugar syrup. Soak for 30 minutes.
5. Serve at room temperature."