Thursday, March 11, 2010
moong dal - 2 cups
ginger - 1 inch piece
green chillies - 3
salt - 2 tb sp
cumin seeds - 2 tsps (also called jeera)
oil/ghee - 4 tb sps
Toppings for pesarattu
onions - 4 (finely chopped)
Cumin seeds - tsp
green chillies - 4(finely chopped)
Ginger - 2inch(finely chopped)
1. Soak moong dal over night, Next day drain the water, add 2 green chillies, ginger piece, cumin seeds,salt and grind into smooth paste adding little water.
2. Remove the batter add jeera (cumin seeds) to the batter.
3. Heat an iron pan till hot (if you sprinkle water it has to sizzle).
4. pour a spoonful of batter in the center of the pan and spread it round in shape.
5. add chopped onions ,cumin,ginger and green chilies pieces for topping.
6 add 1 tsp of oil/ghee on top and edges of pesarattu.
7. lower the flame for 1min and then turn the flame to high.
8. allow the pesarattu to turn on golden brown color at the bottom and then turn it back.
9. allow pesarattu to fry for a minute and then turn it back again. Fold into two halves and serve hot with upma and ginger chutney.