Unsalted butter, room temperature - 1/2 cup(1stick)
Sugar - 1cup
Large eggs - 2
Self-rising flour - 1 1/2 cup
Buttermilk - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1tbsp
Baking soda - 1/2tbsp
Salt - 1tbsp
Mexican vanilla - 11/2 tbsp
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut out twenty-four 5 1/2-by-5 1/2-inch squares of parchment paper. Fit each square of parchment into a standard muffin cup so the edges stick out from the muffin cup;
grease the muffin cups with butter and dust with flour and keep aside
2. In a bowl add flour , baking powder, baking soda, salt and combine well
3.In another bowl beat butter until softened, add sugar beat until well combined, nxt add the eggs and beat well ,
4. add flour in three parts, alternating with buttermilk and beginning and ending with flour. Stir in vanilla.
5. Fill prepared muffin cups three-quarters full with batter.
6. Transfer muffin tins to oven and bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely in muffin cups.
7. Decorate with melted chocolate and crushed almonds.