Monday, April 19, 2010
Anapakaya - 1/2lb
Mustard seeds - 1/2tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2tsp
Ginger & garlic paste - 1tbsp
Coriander powder - 1tsp
Garamasala powder - 1/2tsp
Red chilli powder - 1tbsp
kasoori methi - 1/2tsp(optional)
Onions - 1(big)
Tomato - 2 (small)
Milk - 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
Oil - 3tbsp
1. Pre-heat oil in a cooking vessel. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add cumin seeds,curry leaves and stir fry for a few seconds.
2. Add the chopped onions and green chillis and sauté till the onions turn light brown. Add then add the ginger garlic paste and till it leaves it raw smell.
3. Add the coriander powder,chilli powder and mix well,add chopped tomatoes, cook till it loses oil , now add anapakaya(washed and cut into small pieces) and cook for couple of minutes, now add 1cup of water and cover with lid and cook further for another 10mins.
4. Now add Garam masala powder,kasoori methi powder,reduce heat, cover with lid and cook till all the water evaporates
5.Lastly, on medium flame, slowly add the milk to the curry, while stirring continuously for 3-4 mts or till you get the desired curry consistency. Constantly stir .
6. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve HOT