Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Whole Milk – 8cups (4cups for paneer and 4cups for rabri)
Sugar – 1cup(syrup) +4tbsp(for rabri)
Whey water/Lemon Juice/venigar/ – 4 Tbsp
Water – 5 cups
Saffron – pinch(opt)
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Pistachios & Almonds – 2 Tbsp(chopped)
2. Pour a little cold water over the paneer and hang the cheese cloth on the tap for approx 30 minutes to remove all of the liquid.
3. In a Non stick pan boil remaining 4 cups milk (for making rabri ) . boil till it reduced to half the quantity ,once boiled keep the flame low and keep cooking while stirring occasionally.
4. Remove the paneer from the cheese cloth and knead the paneer by hand to make it smooth dough(chapati/roti dough). Divide the paneer into 12 equal portions. Roll the portions in your hands until a smooth ball is formed. Lightly press the ball until it flattens out.
5. In the pressure cooker with water, dissolve 1 cup sugar and boil them till bubbles are seen take 1cup water from it separately in a bowl .then add the flattened paneer.cook for 10 min till paneer floats . switch off the heat
6. Remove the cooked paneer with a spoon into a bowl(sugar syrup) and allow it to cool.
7. Meanwhile, the milk in the non-stick pan should have reduced to half. Add sugar to taste, saffron,cardamom powder and nuts. Switch off the stove and keep milk aside.
8. Once the paneer is cool enough to handle with your hands, gently squeeze out the sugar syrup from the paneer and place the paneer into a serving dish.
9. Pour the prepared reduced milk over the paneer and chill in the refrigerator.